5/11/08

Me & Mr. Britney's stalker

I have no problem with CNN doing what they are doing. As a matter of fact I think that they are doing something that is truly innovative and different. They are doing what all people do to make money nowadays: sell things that people don't need. I buy tons of stuff that really mean nothing, most of which are impulse buys, candy, is one of the biggest and my personal downfall. But this is, sadly, how we roll. It is one thing to buy a couple of extra goodies on your way out of the store but when people start buying garages to store their 20 some cars that is where I would draw the line. I have ranted about consumerism and how that makes the our country and most of the rest of the world work. If CNN is trying to make a buck by selling their boring headlines for people to wear, more power to them because they are probably saving our economy. I would never see myself in one of those shirts and I might die if i saw someone else in them but, on a different note, what would the world be if we didn't have some crazy dude with a "Police: Spears has minor accident in Mercedes" tee? The more variety in the genepool the better right? (but I would never recommend having children with this man, they might grow up and try to kill you) This tee-shirt is nothing more than a money maker a wardrobe disaster and an annoyance to everyone.

3 comments:

Barga said...

The difference between an impulse buy from Kmart (which I usually spend the money on for you) and a Tee from CNN is that CNN sells news, not novelty gifts. When my news source starts selling other things I look somewhere else, as they are no longer trustworthy.

Melissa said...

How are they no longer trustworthy? That is absurd. The fact that they are paying a company to print their headlines on some tee-shirts doesn't make those headlines any less true. If you saw a person walknig around with a 9/11 headline shirt on would ou say that that was bad reporting on CNN's part or would you just say that 9/11 didn't happen at all? What you posted lead me to believe that you meant the latter. I mainly focus on school and just because I play softball doesn't mean that I am any less effective at my schoolwork. As a matter of fact I do better in that sort of pressure situation and I think that making tee-shirts will force CNN to come up with better headlines in order to sell shirts. I think that, even if they sell very few, they will reap benefits from being innovative, as I said in the post.

Barga said...

if a company starts selling something i can not longer trust them in anything related to said item. IF they are selling shirts and then do a report on hottopic shirts i have to believe that they could be biased.

I would look on another source for my news specifically relating to what they are selling (clothing)