4/7/08

Book Worm?

Well it feels like forever since I posted last. Anyway, about the books. I think that The Tipping Point finished off alot better than it started. I don't know if it is just that I got more used to how he was writing or if it actually got more interesting but I think that the case studies were the best part of the book. I just hope that the next book will be more like the case studies than anything else but based on what we got with this book I can't expect that he would change his ways after writing a best seller.

Now for the annoying part of my post. I love to think of myself as an avid reader. I know that that probably isn't true but it is still how I like to see myself. I am one of those people that read almost ten books at a time. So, you asked what I'm reading? Well, here are the top 3 (in no real order). 1) Confessions of a Wicked Stepsister by the same guy who wrote Wicked. The book is, like all of Maguire's books, tells another side of a famous story. This book follows one of the ugly stepsisters and is deeply surrounded and filled with the politics and social impacts of beauty and ugliness. 2) Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. Crazy story that is based in science politics and religion. If you don't really want to read Cat's Cradle I would still recommend that you read any of Vonnegut's books because his writing style is so original. 3) In Cold Blood by Truman Capote is the story of the slaughter of a small town family and is the most popular book that is written in the style of new journalism. It is a great story and it is written so complexly and with so much care it is worth reading over and over.

No comments: