So far in my sixteen years of life I have never been so interested in politics. There isn't much that I can find that has affected me more in this respect than my friends (and boyfriend mostly). Before this year, or even these past six months, I have had very little contact with the world of politics and to be honest the more I find out the more I love it. Every morning I wake up, get dressed, go downstairs, grab a cup of tea and turn on the TV. Every morning without fail Today has a segment on about politics. For months it has been all about nominee fever and the race to the presidency. Each morning I get new bits of information to talk about that day with my friends. Being the over-enthusiastic person that I am, I generally end up yelling about something at someone. To say the least, all this political stuff just sets me off. So, when I went to find these political blogs I chose some that were more left-wing so that I wouldn't end up bashing myself over the head with my computer. The first was called The Right Wing Sucks. It was pretty much a rant site. While this person may have had plenty of things to say, I don't think that they were going anywhere with it. All that this person does is bad mouth the conservatives. In their most recent post they have managed to accuse the whole Republican Party of being greedy, rich, molesters, stupid, and money wasters. He also goes so far as to say that the right-wingers think that they are slave masters of the middle and lower classes. While these things may be true, they are over-generalizations and they are not properly backed with any sort of fact. I wouldn't believe any of it to be true. This person has it all wrong. They have spent so much time ranting and have spent so much energy putting down the right wing that they have made no stance of their own. They have not even mentioned that they are liberal. Nothing at all positive comes from being so negative. He doesn't mention good things that the Democrats have done and he doesn't come up with his own solution. He just complains and complains and complains. In the last paragraph of the post that I mentioned, he claims that he wouldn't save a dying republican but instead, just stand there and laugh. I got so sick of his bitching that I would give him the same treatment he would give Bush. This world is already so negative why do we need to plaster the internet with it?
The second, Diatribune, was a little scattered but very much better than the first. The site was a blog done by multiple posters so the writing was choppy between entries but otherwise it was good. Many cute pictures and even funny comics! The posts were short and easy to read but were not all about politics which I thought was strange but also oddly relaxing. Gets its point across without threatening to kill people. Very nice my friends, very nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think you bring up a good point. Bush-bashing has always been all fun and games, but when people start just flinging out insults it doesn't really mean much anymore. I've seen people on both sides do it a lot, which is probably why I get as much amusement as I do out of the whole thing. There are just so many people that you can't really take seriously.
read the right, read the left, then believe what me (the boyfriend you mentioned) says
Post a Comment