2/19/08
Wanting more stuff to read.
I love the more comments idea and I think that really should be the basis of the class. I realize that could be really hard to grade and everything but I think it would be more like a classroom setting and discussion. As of right now there aren't many people reading my blog (probably because it is boring and too long) and I think that having people comment on a post every time that they put up a post would solve that problem. I also think that responding to people would be a good idea, not all of the time but mostly when the person disagrees with what your post said. I like the weekly deadlines but I am having a hard time coming up with enough stuff to fill the two posts about the book. I don't know if that is because I write to much in one post or something but I really feel like I could do a better job with just writing one post instead of splitting myself up between the two. Maybe if we could find another source of literature to comment on for the second post? Perhaps things that are online like fan fiction or things that are longer than just articles. Maybe we could each pick a book or short story to read and then review? I really like the thought of making this class based on discussion but I don't think that there is very much to talk about with this book but if we had a different book to read that I might like to discuss things more. With the "assigning things" comment I like that we are given things to write about but also that that may be too restricting. Maybe we could get options like multiple articles or the go ahead to write about what we wanted or the sake of variety. For example, this week if I didn't want to write about the school shootings I could just write about Fidel instead. I think that having suggestions is good to keep people from complaining but making that topic manditory is a little to restricting. I think that the class is going well and that it is pretty sweet. Keep up the good work Jen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree. We should have more comments because part of the Linworth philosophy is to discuss ideas and interact as a community. Commenting with your own opinion causes you to think the ideas through, digest them, and come up with your own viewpoint as opposed to summarizing what other people may have already said in a book, on a website or on another blog.
Post a Comment