1/28/08

Research and Linking-.5

http://www.girls-softball.com/
This blog is one that I would not really read on a regular basis even though I am interested in its topic. I find that it is more geared toward parents of girls who play softball as opposed to the girls themselves. It is something that my mother would read for information that she couldn't get from other parents. The blog is updated about every other week or so and it is pretty old, the oldest are from June 2006 so that would suggest that the blogger has a fair amount of experience. The main poster "Dave" seems to know what he is talking about, in his most recent entry he talks about choosing a composite bat, something that none of you probably know about but he goes in to pretty great detail. Dave puts a personal spin on problems many prarents have associated with softball and he answers questions using his experiances to back up his opinions. While I love the fact that this guy can relate, I think that he writes way too much. The most recent post takes up too much time to say what could be put in to a short paragraph. Because of his excessive word usage I dont think that I would read his blog but instead click on the "softball tips" link on the side. The site also has links to the major softball organization websites, all of which are potentially important to coaches for teaching or finding rules. The site has a few ads but they aren't too distracting or overly loud. Overall it was a pretty good site; I liked the designs and the arangement because they fit well with the theme. The thought of yet another man involved in the softball industry irks me. I hate it. It is suppost to be a woman's sport. In the end this Dave guy is probably a creepy stalker or just another over zealous softball daddy. I dislike men involved in this sport so much that I hope that this one is secretly a woman. We will never know.

1 comment:

Barga said...

you bitch about a lot of words while using a lot of words
see, just did the same thing in one sentence